We now know that CBD from hemp and other cannabinoids activate the endocannabinoid system, however these discoveries are only recent!
The first endocannabinoid was discovered in 1992. Anandamide was the first, naturally occurring endogenous cannabinoid, or endocannabinoid. It was found by Raphael Mechoulamas well as NIMH researchers William Devane and Dr. Lumir Hanus.
Anandamide is a molecule which acts as a neurotransmitter, and which has a structure very similar to that of tetrahydrocannabinol, the active constituent of cannabis. It is messenger molecule that plays a role in many bodily activities, including appetite, memory, pain, depression, and fertility - hence its name, which is derived from the word 'ananda' which means 'extreme delight' or 'bliss' in the Sanskrit language.
Endocannabinoids and their receptors are found throughout the human body: in the brain, organs, connective tissues, glands, and immune cells. Not only do humans posses this system, but so do mammals...yes, that means your pets too.
The endocannabinoid system, with its complex actions in our immune system, nervous system, and all of the body's organs, is literally a bridge between body and mind.
I have spent the majority of my life discovering and vetting systems, products, protocols and devices to better your health and first and foremost … YOUR BRAIN!
Now more than ever you may have noticed increased brain fog, anxiety, inability to have restful sleep, increased irritability … to just name a few ;) Then, how about lack of focus or concentration, depression, fatigue --- forgetfulness, dementia, Alzheimer's. The list of brain symptoms that lead to lower levels of health and therefore happiness and and quality of life has become a part of the "norm."
As someone who personally has experienced traumatic brain injury, multiple concussions, Lyme, PTSD, autoimmune inflammation processes, and spinal injury to name a few, I want to offer you hope for healing. I have not only experienced tremendous healing in myself but have witnessed the self-healing of many of my patients in my 15 years of caring for people professionally.
Also, first and foremost, let it be known that I would not be alive today if it wasn't for the healing that is available to oneself through gentle and specific chiropractic adjustments --- the power that made the body, heals the body and when the nervous system is given a chance to heal by removing the interference that have stood in the way, it will. :)
Besides getting adjusted by an exceptional chiropractor, please focus on my Top 3 recommendations below and watch your brain health improve exponentially!
1. Consume Quality CBD Oil at Dosages of at Least 50mg/day to Allow Your Body the Ability to Self Correct and Increase Resilience.
CBD Oils have shown tremendous support to the neural system both before any injury, and after even life threatening brain injury has occurred. This type of nutritional support is about pain relief and recovery–the use of standardized CBD oils from the hemp plant does not impart a psychoactive effect–but they do offer wellness support like nothing else I’ve seen. Your body has an entire Endocannabinoid system (like an endocrine system).
High points of our endogenous Endocannabinoid System (ECS) are noted in this image above.
Note this information below regarding the neurological research of cannabinoids:
(From the Medical Marijuana, Inc. educational portal): Cannabinoids have been shown to act on the CB1 and CB2 receptors of the endocannabinoid system, which in turn prevents the release of proinflammatory cytokines that are released after brain trauma and cause damage (Panikashvili, et al., 2006). Activating of the CB1 and CB2 receptors also has been shown to stimulate the release of minocycline, which reduces brain swelling and neurological impairment, and diffuses further injuries to the brain’s axons (Lopez-Rodriguez, et al., 2015) (Biegon, 2004).
In one study, cannabinoid administered to mice with brain injuries caused a significant reduction of brain swelling, as well as better clinical recovery, reduced infarct volume, and reduced brain cell death compared to the control group (Panikashvili, et al., 2001). In another, CBD was found to reduce acute and apoptotic brain damage (Castillo, et al., 2010). Piglets with brain injuries given CBD experienced less excitotoxicity, oxidative stress and inflammation (Pazos, et al., 2013).
Isn’t this astounding? Don’t you feel like you have been left in the dark and irritated that we have not been given this information 20 years ago! It is time that we all fill our endocannabinoid receptors --- 4 generations ago we ate cannabinoids every day, now our poor receptors are empty.
Check this researcher out speaking on the benefits for Diabetes, Inflammatory Conditions like Autoimmune Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Concussion, etc.
Also, extensive preclinical research has documented the anti-inflammatory properties of single-molecule CBD in animal models of various pathologies, including neuropathic pain, epilepsy, rheumatoid arthritis, irritable bowel syndrome, multiple sclerosis, obesity and diabetes.
Scientists are beginning to understand the specific pharmacological mechanisms underlying CBD’s potential as a treatment for cancer, heart disease, addiction, depression and numerous other health disorders.
Cannabidiol is a pleiotropic compound that produces many effects through multiple molecular pathways. It taps into how we function biologically on a very deep level: CBD can penetrate the cell membrane and bind to receptors on the nucleus (PPARs), which regulate gene expression and mitochondrial activity.
A 1998 study sponsored by the National Institutes of Health is the basis for a U.S. government patent on the antioxidant and neuroprotective qualities of plant cannabinoids, specifically CBD and psychoactive THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). CBD and THC were found to limit “neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma.” Both compounds are described as having “particular application … in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and HIV dementia.”
Check out this research about how neuro-protective cannabinoids are:
Mice that had suffered an impact brain injury showed marked recovery in object recognition and in performing a specific task after CB1 receptors were activated (Arain, Khan, Craig & Nakanishi, 2015). Cannabinoids have even shown to be effective at offering neuroprotection in newborn babies that have experienced a brain injury (Fernandez-Lopez, Lizasoain, Moro & Martinez-Orgado, 2013).
By acting through the CB1 and CB2 receptors of the endocannabinoid system, the cannabinoids provide a neuro-protective response, prompting researchers to conclude that they can be a useful treatment for acute spinal cord injuries (Arevalo-Martin, Garcia-Ovejero & Molina-Holgado, 2010) (Arevalo-Martin, et al., 2012) (Arevalo-Martin, Molina-Holgado & Garcia-Ovejero, 2016).
If you wish to purchase standardized, nourishing, purity-tested and potent CBD oils from hemp, you can do so here. I love the support it gives your brain. I love watching my patients who are taking at least 50 mg/day feel whole again, able to curb their anxiety, their pain and even stop being triggered from past emotional traumas. For healthy support for brain health, I recommend the Pure Starter Pack of CBD Oil with CBD oil and CBD capsules.
2. Use Photobiomodulation with Binaural beats and Isochronic Tones For at Least 20 Minutes Every Day. (Say what???!)
Yes I know that was a mouthful but I am a big fan of an exceptional home device for creating a higher quality of life called the BrainTap headset. When used in conjunction with the BrainTap App which you can try for free here, the brain is literally DE-FRAGGED within 10-30 min sessions and there are almost 800 different sessions to choose from. These sessions are on topics like healing from trauma, helping a person get into deep delta brain waves for improved sleep, smoking cessation, and deep stress relief. There are programs for children and weight loss and meditative journeys, and musical journeys. It truly is one of the most cost effect therapies a person can do at home for brain balance and recovery.
How Do Binaural Beats Work?:
3. Consider the Profound Effects for Re-Training Your Brain Using Neurofeedback.
Learn how neurofeedback has been shown to decrease hyperarousal of those suffering from PTSD.
Ready to get started on your specific neurofeedback sessions? You can visit our scheduling software online anytime and schedule for an introductory Brain Map to begin learning about your brain’s health and begin custom protocol neurofeedback based on the discoveries in your initial brainmap.
1. Consider beginning to supplement with lithium orotate at 15 mg twice per day. No, this is not the lithium with the bad reputation from the 1950s. This is the under-utilized and extremely effective brain mineral that is extremely safe to use and supports healthy brain chemistry. This product is one of the many freedom ingredients in my latest program for those suffering from PTSD. This DIY protocol has been reported by my clients to increase happiness and joy, decrease startle responses, improve sleep, decrease pain levels and improve quality of life. Harvard Medical School has analyzed over 30 human meta-analysis studies and has determined that lithium reduces the rate and risk of suicide attempts by 80-90% in patients with major depression, bipolar disorder, and schizoaffective disorder. In fact, the overall risk of suicides was five times less among lithium-treated subjects compared with individuals not treated with lithium. In human studies among healthy populations, lithium has been shown to significantly increase brain mass in both gray and white matter. Lithium is the most powerful essential trace mineral ever discovered for promoting optimal functioning of the brain and central nervous system. You can try just this freedom technique by clicking here.
2. Begin using a highly potent, non-GMO, organically-sourced CBD oil tincture each evening to decrease pain, decrease anxiety, and increase relaxation. This is my favorite and has helped so many of my active-duty and retired military clients. Did you know that CBD oil can actually increase brain cells??? How exciting :) If you would like to learn more about using this freedom technique, read the user’s guide. The 3600mg Cinnamint is the best tasting and best bang-for-your-buck.
3. Ever wished you could just eliminate the pain felt from past traumatic memories? Avoiding professional help because you don’t want it on your record or you “just don’t want to talk about it? Great! Then I am happy to tell you about an excellent resource. Seek out a specialist in EMDR therapy. EMDR is a mind-body therapy that incorporates directional movement of the eyes at specific stages in the process. Similar to the ‘rapid eye movements’ that occur during ‘REM’ sleep and dreaming, this activity works to "unlock" the nervous system and allows the brain to rapidly and gently reprocess disturbing events, seeing them in a new and more integrated way. When a disturbing event happens, it can become “frozen” in the nervous system with the original visual images, sounds, negative thoughts, body sensations and emotions associated with it. This can happen with single traumatic events such as natural disasters, medical trauma, car accidents, military combat, and assault. However, it can also happen with stress repeated over time, for example when someone suffers verbal, sexual or emotional abuse or grows up witnessing addiction, illness or violence in the home.To the brain, it doesn’t matter whether the disturbing event happened yesterday or 20 years ago, or whether it happened once or countless times: the past is still locked inside, frozen in time, and therefore, it feels as though the past remains very much in the present. For this reason, EMDR therapy often brings relief from current symptoms such as anxiety, flashbacks, intrusive thoughts, somatic distress, and nightmares. After EMDR, you still remember that the event occurred, but it is no longer distressing. The event is now stored in the brain as something bad that happened in the past, but it does not have the power to upset you in the present. This is the “desensitization” aspect of EMDR. The “reprocessing” aspect of EMDR allows you to let go of the negative thoughts and beliefs that can get stuck when you suffer a disturbing experience. These can be replaced with healthy, positive beliefs, resulting in an improved view of yourself and your life. In this way, EMDR has a deep impact not only in helping you to stop reliving the traumatic event, but also in reprocessing and letting go of destructive negative beliefs that got stuck along with it and continue to impact your present day experience.This is a great resource for finding a specialist in your area.
4. What if you could harness the power of your olfactory nerve (your sense of smell) to access your brain’s emotional responses immediately?! Yes, my favorite product is so handy you can keep it in your pocket and use it before, during or after stressful encounters or situations that cause you to experience anxiety. This botanically- based product is super clean and pleasant to both male and female :) It literally works in seconds and this is why is is one of my favorite freedom techniques. It is also included in the PTSD DIY Protocol I created, as well as in the PTSD Protocol with additional testing and support.
5. Get adjusted by a chiropractor who uses the non-invasive Arthrostim tool as the main part of their technique. This neurological optimization will begin to unwind the tension patterns in your spinal cord that often are limiting you from your full vibrant potential. Optimizing your neurology allows you to have balance within the parts of your nervous system that allow for peace, tranquility and rest. Your body will feel less anxious more balanced and more capable of managing day-to-day activities. I can honestly say that chiropractic care saved my life and I would not be where I am today in my health and healing without it.
Here’s to your freedom!
Be Resilient. Be brilliant. Be you!
Dr. Puja Wentworth, PScD., DC is a warrior for the wellness of her health participants through virtual and in-person consultations. Having suffered from an amputation and traumatic brain injury herself at a young age, she learned the true meaning of resilience. Through her journey of healing through recovery from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, migraines, chronic allergies, mold-related biotoxic illness, mercury toxicity and Lyme disease she gained the empathy and knowledge needed to lead those with similar suffering away from debilitating fatigue, emotional unrest and pain to an empowering place of resilience and brilliance. If you are interested in reaching out to schedule a 15 minute free consultation about your journey and your warrior attitude to heal, please go to this link.
With the stress of the holidays right around the corner, it's wise to get a head-start on kidney and bladder support to prevent stress induced kidney and bladder infections. If you love cranberries like I do, enjoy this quick recipe with many of your daily meals!
1 Bag Organic Frozen Cranberries
1 Chopped Green Apple
1/2 Cup Chopped Organic Parsley
2 Drops Lemon Essential Oil
2 Drops Orange Essential Oil
2 Drops Ginger Essential Oil
1 Tablespoon Manuka Honey
1/4 Cup Pure Water
1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
Begin with cranberries, apples, water, parsley and sea salt. Simmer for 15 minutes on medium. Then add other ingredients and simmer for another 10 minutes on low. Cool and enjoy with each meal. *You may use lemon and orange zest as well as chopped ginger if you prefer.
:) May your kidneys be healthy!
* I only recommend that people use the purest of essential oils if used internally. If you are interested in knowing more about essential oils and how they may positively effect the quality of your health, click here or email us directly at email@example.com.
Dr. Puja :)
Schedule your FREE 15 min consult :: 919.463.0021
If you said "yep" to 5 or more of these questions, you are most likely experiencing neurotoxicity. If you would like to dive into discovering root causes of why this has taken place and how to find your wellness once more, then click here to schedule your half hour consult with Dr. Puja in one of our North Carolina Offices or Virtually if you are not located locally.
Yes! It is completely possible to outsmart the leading cause of urinary tract infections.
It truly does seem futuristic, other worldly and stunningly simple. It’s a little known alternative to antibiotics that can be used to treat bacterial infections such as E. Coli, Gonorrhea, Tuberculosis, salmonella, and even MRSA.
Phage therapy implements a naturally occurring virus called Bacteriophage (or phage), to infect bacteria. When active in the body, phage targets unwanted bacteria and destroys its structure from the inside out, multiplying itself and moving to its next target until the infection is cleared. Studies at the Phage Therapy Center in the Republic of Georgia show a 95% success rate with patients who use phage therapy to tackle superbugs like MRSA and other infections.
How Bacteriophage Works
In order to infect a cell, bacteriophage begins by attaching itself to the cell’s wall. Next, it injects its DNA into the host cell and subsequently starts one of two life cycles: lytic or lysogenic, depending on the phage.
In a lytic cycle, the virus replicates within its host until the cell lyses (breaks open). The new phage then move on to other bacterial cells and repeat this process. The lytic phage is most common in Phage Therapy, as it results in the most immediate destruction of a cell.
In a lysogenic cycle, the virus lyses the cell at a more gradual rate, incorporating itself into the host’s DNA where it remains dormant until the cell reproduces itself. When this happens, the virus replicates along with the new cell and all of its offspring. Phage prone to this life cycle are most commonly used to treat E. Coli.
Empowering Your Body to Be Smarter Than an Antibiotic
Though antibiotics were once called the “wonder drug” of the century, their overuse in the medical and food industries has led to antibiotic-resistant strains of bacterial infections. This happens when the infectious bacteria learn to adapt to their new environment and survive its challenges.
This type of situation poses a major threat to the population. According to the Centers of Disease Control, 2 million people are infected with an antibiotic-resistant bacteria each year, resulting in the death of about 23,000 of those infected. This is where Phage Therapy starts to look good.
Phage Therapy has several advantages over antibiotics. It is less harmful to the body, more likely to generate a successful outcome, and only attacks the unwanted cells. Since each phage matches itself to a specific strain of bacteria, the good flora in our guts survive each application and leave the body less vulnerable to opportunistic secondary infections. Antibiotics are known to do the opposite, most often wiping out both the good and bad organisms.
On occasion, phage therapy can be unsuccessful at breaking down a specifically resistant infection. When this happens, a mixture of multiple phage is gathered and sent to attack. This method robs the cell of the time it needs to adapt to each variation of phage and most often yields a successful outcome.
Where to Find Phage
Bacteriophage are abundant in the Earth’s soil, animals, and oceans. A naturally-occurring virus, phage thrive in any organic environment that is rich with bacteria.
Though not well known in the United States, extensive research and application of Phage Therapy has existed in countries like Russia, Georgia, and Switzerland since their discovery by Fredrick Twort in 1915. The Phage Therapy Center in Georgia is known to be the longest operating clinic and global source for all things phage, followed by a 36-month projected called Phago Burn – a European Union funded project focusing specifically on the application of phage therapy to burn wounds.
Though there have been little known side effects to Phage Therapy, studies have shown the possibility of a harmful immune response. However, this reaction can occur with other treatments as well. Clinical trials have otherwise shown this approach to be highly effective. But, you don’t have to travel to far away places to receive care from the debilitating effects of urinary tract infections: Schedule today to learn how you can prevent future infections using this technology.
Bacteriophage – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacteriophage
Phage Therapy – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phage_therapy
Centers of Disease Control – https://www.cdc.gov/drugresistance/
YouTube (illustration of phage therapy) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvUiXzQ_AkY
Do you have chronic UTI’s? Have you been on antibiotics every year for years?
There is HOPE!
Call Dr. Puja today to find out how you can empower your own body to heal once and for all from this debilitating cycle. Phage is available in the US, come learn how you can outsmart the bacteria that causes urinary track infections and kidney infections once and for all.
Empower your body to heal from urinary tract infections without the use of antibiotics! www.drpuja.com